Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clancy

I had a funny experience yesterday. Once in a while, I go to Utube for inspiration or just to see what videos or songs are out there. I decided to look at the old, local kids' shows that most of us watched in the 60's and 70's. remember Carmen the Nurse? "If you want a friend, you've got to be one." Casey Jones, lunch with Casey. My personal favorite, Clancy and Willie. Not to be too overly dramatic, but these people became our friends. I think I was in the 4th grade when my Campfire group went down to be in the audience of Clancy. I remember just trying to absorb everything, I was so excited. This show was on every morning and the audience was always girl scouts, boyscouts, and campfire girls. This would have been a fun video to have, or home movie. One day, Carmen held up my picture and I recall being so excited to get to school to see who else had heard my name. It's too bad that these local, kids' shows were ended because of the way they would advertise products along with the show. Like Casey would have a live spot for "Yoo Hoo" drink of all things. I remember them advertising local places and foods though too. Clancy did Hostess products in the goodie bag and Casey advertised The Jolly Troll Smorgasboard in Golden Valley. I remember wishing to go there.  I would have thought that this advertising would have helped the shows, not hindered them.
I almost forgot Romper Room with Miss Betty. The way me and my sister were so into playing school, To this day,I'm still surprised we're both not teachers. We both volunteer though, so there you go.
Here is a clip for your viewing pleasure, brought to you by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment